Friday, October 5, 2012

Monsters Against Bullying



We are so happy that we are a part of this.  Please make sure you visit:
to see wonderful posts by Authors and Bloggers who are taking a stand against bullying.



Being Different
By Emiline, age 8

I am different and proud.  I don’t want to fit in.  I like being original.  When people call me weird, I don’t care.  I take weird as a compliment—never an insult.
I’m a girl who loves comics, a girl who pursues a retro style and I am proud.
Being different is not bad; different is just different.  Different can be swell.  I have a bold personality and I love to stand out. 
I don’t like it when people change for someone or something.  They don’t need to.  They are amazing just the way they are.  They’re not bad, just like I’m not bad.  I’m just different.


I wrote this one day after I was bullied at school and was feeling bad about myself.  My intention is to stop bullying.  When you get bullied, your ego starts lacking.  
It’s frightening when you get bullied.  Your heart sinks and you don’t know what to do.  But I think if we show lots of perseverance and take things one step at a time, we can stop bullying. 
One of the reasons people get bullied is because they stand out.  They are different.  It’s okay to be different.  The world would be boring if everyone was the same.
I was bullied, but I stood up for myself.  And I think we can stop it all together.  The key is not to bully.  So join me and stop bullying.


Bullying
By Marsh, age 11

When you are bullied it feels like you are an outcast.  It feels like you have less than no friends.  You feel completely alone.
In the fourth grade, I felt like a huge outcast.  There were a couple of kids who were always making fun of me.  It was terrible.  Then someone recommended Heather Brewer’s Vlad Tod series of books.  Brewer’s main character, Vlad, is an outcast himself.  It felt good to read about someone else who was feeling the way that I felt.  I liked to see that I was not the only one being bullied.
If you are being bullied, you are not alone.  A lot of people are bullied.  Sometimes those people just learn to be mentally stronger and better than their bullies.  I felt like, because I was bullied, I became a stronger person.  But I did not do it all by myself.  If you know someone who is being bullied, reach out to him.  Be a good friend.  Tell him that it is going to be okay.  And maybe suggest that they read a good book.  Reading always seemed to help me.

2 comments:

  1. <3 You guys are so amazing. I loved reading your comments on bullying - both of you are inspiring! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mr. David! It was a really good thing to take a stand.

      Delete