Sunday, March 3, 2013

Marvelous Middle-Grade Monday



Welcome to Marvelous Middle-Grade Monday at A Monster Ate My Book Report!
This is a great meme started by Ms. Shannon Messenger, author of her own Middle-Grade Book, Keeper of the Lost Cities.  There are lots of fantastic bloggers out their who are excited to tell you all about Middle-Grade Books, so make sure you check out Ms. Shannon's Blog to get all the links.
Thanks,
Marsh and Emiline


Emiline's Marvelous-Middle Grade Book Pick is
The Fairytale Detectives: Sisters Grimm #1
by Michael Buckley

     Sabrina and Daphne's lives are everything BUT normal. Ever since their thought-to-be-dead grandmother picked them up from the orphanage and taught them about their ancestors--the Brothers Grimm--things have been a little strange.  It turns out that all the fairy tales are real!  But the fairy tale characters (the Everafters) are trapped in Ferryport Landing due to the Human/Everafter war.  They are stuck there until the last Grimm dies.  The girls' ancestors have carried on the family business--serving as fairy tale detectives--and now it is their turn.
     These books are epic.  They changed my idea of fairy tales forever.  But now I'm so sleep deprived from staying up all night reading them that I'm having a hard time putting my love for them into words. But I can say that I am in Love with this series.  It's absolutely brilliant.
     I give it FIVE MONSTERS.


Visit tbis site for more information about The Sisters Grimm series by Michael Buckley:

YouTube Trailer for Sisters Grimm:

2 comments:

  1. Great review. I read the first book in this series, but never got further. Thanks for reminding me to pick up the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this review. I have been wanting to read one of of these for a while now. Hopefully...soon.

    ReplyDelete