Sunday, March 10, 2013

Marvelous Middle-Grade Monday!


Welcome to Marvelous Middle-Grade Monday at A Monster Ate My Book Report!
This is a great meme started by Ms. Shannon Messenger, author of her own Middle-Grade Book, Keeper of the Lost Cities.  There are lots of fantastic bloggers out their who are excited to tell you all about Middle-Grade Books, so make sure you check out Ms. Shannon's Blog to get all the links.
Thanks,
Marsh and Emiline


Marsh's Middle-Grade Monday Book Pick is
Powerless:
Daniel Corrigan #1
by
Matthew Cody

     Daniel has moved to a new town to visit his dying grandmother.  After a couple of days of living there, he figures out the town's huge secret--some of the kids possess super powers.  The supers accept him as a friend in hopes that he can save them from the result of losing their powers, and all of the memories involved with them, on their thirteenth birthdays.  Can he save them?
     This was a really good book.  I really like super hero books in general but the reason this book shined for me is that it wasn't from the perspective of the super hero.  I also thought the villain was very powerful, mysterious, and evil.  I give this book FIVE MONSTERS.

 Here's the link to Matthew Cody's website:

Powerless YouTube Video Trailer:




2 comments:

  1. Hey Marsh and Emiline,
    First I'm so sorry for posting this note on the wrong page. I put it like two years back. Smooth move, Daniel. So I'm posting it here as well. Hope that's all right.

    Thanks for your blog. Very cool stuff. It's taken me quite a while to find this kind of blog. Wish I'd done this kind of stuff when I was young. Of course, back then I'd have had to use the telegraph. Anyway, I can't figure out how to offer you (Marsh) a digital review copy of STORIES GUARANTEED TO MAKE YOU SICK. It's been read by hundreds of middle schoolers -- I was a teacher for a long time -- and it lives up (or down) to its name. Humor, horror, a little nasal fiction. What's not to like? Go to the "Our Books" page of Freaky Dude Books and click on the STORIES cover. Read the big preview there -- if your parents want to read it, that's fine too -- and tell me if you want a Amazon gift copy sent to you in exchange for your honest review. You can write me at ddanielberenson (AT) gmail.com. I know when I get the books in kids' ereaders, that will be my best marketing tool.

    Thanks, best of luck, and congratulations on your very awesome blog. You guys have guts!
    Daniel Berenson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! We interview the author a while back on our blog and it was so fun to hear where he got his ideas for the series.

    Glad to hear you enjoyed Powerless, too! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete