Sunday, March 24, 2013

MMGM and The Secret of the Fortune Wookie



Welcome to Marvelous Middle-Grade Monday at A Monster Ate My Book Report!
This is a great meme started by Ms. Shannon Messenger, author of her own Middle-Grade Book, Keeper of the Lost Cities.  There are lots of fantastic bloggers out their who are excited to tell you all about Middle-Grade Books, so make sure you check out Ms. Shannon's Blog to get all the links.
Thanks,
Marsh and Emiline


This is one of those weeks where brothers and sisters can agree on something, or as my mom says, "The End of Days".
We both love the Origami Yoda series by Tom Angleberger and to celebrate this RARE occassion we are also having a Giveaway!  We have one hardcover copy of The Secret of the Fortune Wookie that is AUTOGRAPHED by Tom Angleberger. This is a great series for EVERYONE.  All you have to do is leave a comment and make sure you include your email address.


Marsh's Response to The Secret of the Fortune Wookie:
     After Dwight leaves McQuarrie Middle to go to Tippet Academy, Tommy has to create another case file without him . . . How will that work?!!? Then Tommy's half-girlfriend, Sara, brings in a piece of origami that Dwight threw out of his window.  One by one, it starts to solve everyone's problems.  But Harvey, once again, thinks this is all a big hoax.

     This was a great third book in the Origami Yoda series.  I especially liked it because my two favorite characters from the Star Wars saga were introduced: Han Solo and Chewbacca.  Like the other books, it has a ton of humor.  I give this one FIVE MONSTERS.

Emiline's Response to The Secret of the Fortune Wookie:
     Tragedy has struck Tommy's middle school . . .  Dwight is at a new school and Origami Yoda  went with him.  Luckily, a Fortune Wookiee has come to help.  But is The Force within him?
     My favorite character in this book was Han Foldo.  He said things that Han Solo would say.  Tom Angleberger really knows his Star Wars characters, plus his last name is really fun to say.  I give this one FIVE MONSTERS.

This is Tom Angleberger's site where you can find out all about him (he's really the best!) and his books:



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really fun read. Since both kids agree it's good, I'll have to check it out. rosihollinbeck (at) yahoo (dot) com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this one and it's a nice twist on the series seeing how Dwight is the one who needs help this time.

    hg195 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is beautiful. I love this book. This one is also my favorite out of the series.

    And you can't go wrong with Han and Chewie. :)

    jdemigod (at) gmail (dot) com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The End of Days?" Your mom is funny!

    I love the name Han Foldo. I guess I should read this. (I've read the first two, but I'm not a series kind of guy--except for Harry Potter.)

    ReplyDelete