Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Emiline's Review of Drama




Drama by Raina Telgemeier
Review by Emiline

            Callie is a high schooler with a lot of “drama” in her life.  First, she kisses a total jerk and then he totally avoids her!  Next, a production of Moon Over Mississippi grasps the school’s interest and Callie is part of the stage crew. 
But that’s not the only thing that has her interest . . . There is also the matter of twin boys, one of whom she has a crush on.  Callie and the boys often hang out together and do things for the play.  Justin has a part in the play and Jesse joins Callie in the stage crew.  When the twin she likes asks her to the school formal it lights up her world, but she is only to find a twist to her date.
I love Raina Telgemeier’s Drama.  I like how the title really describes what you are about to see on the first page.  I love how in Drama the author creates a character and then writes from some of her personal experience. (She told so when I met her at the Decatur Book Festival.)
I really love Callie’s style I feel like Rania Telgemeier wanted to show off who Callie is by her style.

No comments:

Post a Comment