Sunday, January 6, 2013

Marvelous Middle-Grade Monday!



Welcome to Marvelous Middle-Grade Monday at A Monster Ate My Book Report!
This is a great meme started by Ms. Shannon Messenger, author of her own Middle-Grade Book, Keeper of the Lost Cities.  There are lots of fantastic bloggers out their who are excited to tell you all about Middle-Grade Books, so make sure you check out Ms. Shannon's Blog to get all the links.
Thanks,
Marsh and Emiline


Marsh's MMGM Pick is The Compound by S.A. Bodeen

I first found out about The Compound when I was in Literacy Class (a class for READING!) and a few of my friends recommended the book to me.  I thought it sounded intriguing, so I checked it out from my teacher.  I got really into it, so I read every chance I got at school.  When I came home I did my homework and read until late that night. I finished the book in one day! It is definitely a page-turner and it is one of my new favorites!
I give The Compound by S.A. Bodeen 5 Monsters.
I would recommend this book to fans of dystopian.

Visit the S.A. Bodeen's website:
http://www.rockforadoll.com

My Summary of The Compound:
Eli and his two sisters have lived in The Compound for six years.  The Compound is a structure their millionaire father had built to keep them safe in the event a nuclear war. Oddly, Eli has been getting strange patches of internet connection.  Eli is starting to think his father is keeping something from his family, and that the world outside might not actually have suffered the fallout after a nuclear war.
Find out what happens in The Compound.

Here is the YouTube Trailer for The Compound~

“What is a turducken? An exclusive culinary creation available by special order from some little Cajun town down south. Entirely deboned, a turducken consists of a turkey, stuffed with duck, stuffed with a chicken, like an edible Russian nesting doll. Some were stuffed with alligator, crap, shrimp; my favorite was the traditional cornbread variety.” 
― S.A. BodeenThe Compound

No comments:

Post a Comment