Friday, January 18, 2013

Marsh's Book Report on Lord of the Rings


My Review of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
by J. R. R. Tolkien

     Emiline just wrote a wonderful review of The Hobbit.  Now I'm going to tell you the story about what happened after Bilbo came home from his journey.  Here's my review of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien.

     Frodo Baggins uncle, Bilbo Baggins, was an adventurer.  In his travels he found the most powerful of the rings, the Ring of Sauron, the Dark Lord.  If Sauron gets the ring back all of Middle Earth will be engulfed in chaos.  Gandalf, a wizard, visits The Shire, home of Frodo and Bilbo.  Gandalf tells Frodo that the Ring must be destroyed in a mountain in Mordor.  But, Gandalf needs someone to take the Ring to the Elven Council of Elrod.

     Who can do it?  Will the Ring be destroyed?

My Response to The Fellowship of the Ring:
I thought this was a great book.  This series really encourages you to keep reading.  If you like books set in brilliantly developed world with all new creatures and races, then Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is a good book for you.  I really like Legolas, he is my favorite character.  I like how he and Gimli are always arguing.  I also like how J.R.R. Tolkien developed a Sting that glows when Orcs are near it. I also enjoyed how the beginning of the book the author started Bilbo Baggin's birthday party.


We don't have a video for you guys. Sorry! Emiline was sick and it was really gross outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment