Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Marsh's Book Report: The Invisible Tower




The Invisible Tower
The Underworld Chronicles #1
By Nils Johnson- Shelton
Book Report by Marsh

            One day Artie is playing a video game called Otherworld when he gets a message that says, “‘Arthur.  In one week’s time you will come to me at the IT.’”  Sure enough, he ended up in IT, but IT was a video game and comic store called the Invisible Tower.  The cashier’s name was Merlin.  Merlin tells Artie that he is really the real Merlin.  He also tells Artie that Artie is the real King Arthur.  Merlin shows Artie and his sister, Kay, this place called the Otherworld where dragons and wizards really exist.  Artie and his sister want Merlin to come with them to the Otherworld to get Excalibur, but Merlin says he is trapped in the Invisible Tower.  Artie and Kay, along with their supervisor, Mr. Thumb, take on the quest to free Merlin from the Invisible Tower.  On their journey they meet new companions and enemies.

Can they free Merlin?

            The Invisible Tower, by Nils Johnson-Shelton, was a great book.  It had lots of action and adventure.  My favorite part of the book was when Artie and Kay were fighting the giant boar, Twrch Trwyth.  I liked it because, no matter how many times they cut his limbs off with their swords, the boar’s limbs kept growing back and they kept fighting.  They had a lot of perseverance in that battle.  My favorite character was Artie because of how bold and courageous he was.  I can’t wait to find out what happens in the next book.  I recommend this book to fans of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.

I give The Invisible Tower 5 MONSTERS.

Watch the Trailer here:
http://bcove.me/lm9aat66


I got The Invisible Tower from my favorite bookstore, Little Shop of Stories.
You can find The Invisible Tower at your favorite bookstore or at your school or local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment