Thursday, June 30, 2011

What I'm reading (Emiline Edition)

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
by Ally Carter
(In which Marsh and Emiline have a brief visit with the author)

Well, when I started filming at the book signing, they said we couldn't film the whole thing.  So . . . I just wanted to, well, tell you what we asked.  Here it is:

Ally's Awesome Answers, by Emiline.

I asked:  When did you start writing?

This is what she told us: When I was in middle school.  But I started seriously writing when I was 25 or 26.

I asked: What was your favorite book when you were a kid?

Her response: When I was 12, and it still is my favorite book now, [Harper Lee's] To Kill a Mocking Bird

My brother hasn't started the books, but he also asked a question: 

Questions for a Spy, by Marsh.

I asked: What is your favorite book that you've written?

She said: It's like children--you can't pick a favorite, you can only pick which one is less annoying.  My favorite is my new book, Uncommon Criminals.

[Editor's note: All answers to the interview questions are paraphrased--filtered through the memories of seven and ten-year-olds.]

8 comments:

  1. :) It's so cool that you met her!! *jealousy*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been in my TBR list forever!

    celjla212 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friends have been recommending this to me for a while :D Thanks for reviewing it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book and it was such a fun book! I love the idea behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute interview.. looks like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe I read these in fourth grade, a year after it was published. This is one of the books that really started my insane need to read. I'm glad you enjoy them like I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! :) Great questions...haven't read them yet but I want to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool that you got to meet the author and interview her! I've been meaning to read this series; I love to read about spies and missions.

    ReplyDelete