Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Monsters at Decatur Book Festival!

     
     The 7th annual Decatur Book Festival just ended and I think they had the best selection of authors ever!  We went to a super fun author reception at the Little Shop of Stories to kick off the book festival. It was a really great opportunity to meet authors and illustrators and have fun.  There was even a photo booth with silly props, so we got take lots of funny pictures with the authors.  Peter Brown, author and illustrator, was probably the best model there. 
     I also got to talk to Dave Pilkey, the author of the Captain Underpants; he stayed for 3 hours signing books! What a great person.  I saw Tom Angleberger, who also likes to be called Larry, just don't call him Tom AngleBOOGER.  He was great with the crowd.  And I saw Heather Brewer, author of The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, The Slayer Chronicles, and her newest book, Soulbound.  She is my favorite author!  I didn't get to see everyone there, but I still had a great time.
     We also revealed the On The Same Page book selection for 2012, Louis Sachar's Holes, by dancing with shovels to a song from the movie!  Make sure you get On The Same Page with us.
     This year we had a great festival and I am looking forward to next year.  Thank you to AJC, Little Shop of Stories, and the City of Decatur.

Marsh

I'm On the Same Page! After you read Holes you sign the poster.

This is me with Auntie Heather. I was so nervous.

To find out more about the Decatur Book Festival click here:

To get On the Same Page with us click here for information:

No comments:

Post a Comment