Sunday, August 12, 2012

Marvelous Middle-Grade Mondays



     It's Monday, and that means it's time for us to tell you all about another wonderful Middle-Grade Book.  This meme was started by Ms. Shannon and she's gotten a lot of other bloggers to join in.  This is a great meme for discovering new books that are just for Middle-Graders.  Make sure you visit Ms. Shannon's blog for the list of all the bloggers. http://ramblingsofawannabescribe.blogspot.com/
           Marsh & Emiline


Marsh's MMGM is Odd and the Frost Giants written by Neil Gaiman
 and illustrated by Brett Helquist

     The Avengers was a huge summer movie and one of the main characters is Thor, so why not talk about Norse Mythology?  If your looking for this particular mythology then check out Neil Gaiman's Odd and the Frost Giants.  Odd is a twelve-year-old boy who has to save all of Asgard from frost giants.  This is a great short read.  I really enjoyed how Gaiman made the legends come to life.  My favorite character was Odd.  I really admired his confidence and his soaring intellect.  

I give Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman Five Monsters.
To find out more about this book and Neil Gaiman please visit:

Here's a funny picture of us in the Norway Pavilion in Epcot.

2 comments:

  1. Love love love Neil Gaiman, especially Coraline and The Graveyard Book! But I haven't read this one yet. Thanks, Marsh. Sounds cool. And I love the pic of you in Epcot. I've been to that pavilion!

    (Just curious: Shannon Messenger calls you Brennan and Meyrick. Do you have secret identities?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Neil Gaiman- he is one of my favorite authors. I like his books for kids and adults. I haven't read this one yet- but I look forward to reading it (I hear Neil is the reader on the audio version). I love mythology- so this sounds right up my alley. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete