Sunday, February 12, 2012

Marvelous Middle-Grade Monday


     The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan is my MMGM pick this week.

     The Lightning Thief was the book that got me into reading.  My school librarian recommended this book to me and once I started reading it I loved it.  What really encouraged me to keep on reading was because it was based on Greek Mythology.  By the time I finished The Lightening Thief I knew the names of all the Greek Gods.

     The main character is a boy named Percy Jackson and he is a Demi-God.  He is going on a quest to save his mom.  I liked howPercy was so brave and overcame everything to get back his mom.  This book is one of my all time favorites and I am glad to have The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan as my MMGM.



I was lucky enough to go to a signing for The Last Olympian.

And this is me at at signing for The Red Pyramid.

Rick Riordan is a fantastic writer. You should check out his site to find out more about his books!

Marvelous Middle-Grade Monday is a meme that lots of other blogs participate in. Click on this link to find out about the other blogs and you can see their MMGMs too!

Oh, we almost forgot! The winner of last week's MMGM is Mr. Michael G-G!!
Thanks for joining us for MMGM,
Marsh & Emiline

2 comments:

  1. You guys have a great blog here! I'll be joining the MMGM next week. I'm just bouncing around some of the sites from this week, and this one's my favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting. I think you will really enjoy MMGM. I look forward to reading yours.
    From Marsh

    ReplyDelete